New Years Challenge 2014
Overdrive New Years Challenge 2014
Date: January 6 – January 31, 2014
This will be a hybrid challenge consisting of both nutritional and physical components. The nutritional component will encourage you to eat clean and eliminate all sugars and non-paleo carbs and breads(wheat). The physical component will test before and after WOD scores to see how you’ve improved your fitness as a direct correlation to healthier eating.
Cost: $25 per person
1. 1. Come to the box Sunday Jan.5 at 12 pm or Monday Jan. 6 at 12 pm or 5 pm
2. 2. Get registered and have all your measurements and photos taken
3. 3. On Tuesday Jan. 7, perform the testing WOD(if for some reason you cannot make it to the box on this day, then you are to perform the WOD either on Sunday Jan.5)
4. 4. Go grocery shopping, plan your meals, and start living and breathing a healthier lifestyle!
What our scoring system aims to do is:
- Objectively measure performance results
- Reward people based on their improvement, but ensure that nobody tanks the WOD component
How we do that is by scoring you by rank in the following categories:
- Initial WOD
- Final WOD
- Before and after pictures(frontal)
- Before and after measurements(Hips, waist, bodyfat %)
You’ll receive a score based on your rank each of these categories. So if you have the 21st highest WOD scores in the initial WODs, your score is 21. If you have the 8th best WOD improvement after completing the final WODs, you’re score at that point is 29 (21 + 8).
We then rank you based on your photos. If you had the 5th best photos, you’re total score is now 34 (21 + 8 + 5). Whoever has the lowest score at the end of the Paleo Challenge wins.
By making the initial WODs 1/4 of your score, we ensure that if anyone tanks that on purpose, they will be tanking 1/4 of their score.
The bottom line is that everyone can benefit from signing up for the New Years Challenge because you a) have a shot at winning no matter what your background is, and b) you’re going to get a very objective assessment of how much a Paleo/Zone lifestyle helped you improve your performance.
WOD : 5 rounds for time of
10 Box Jumps
10 KB Swings
10 Wall Balls
1. Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and NO sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.
2. WOD 4-5 times/week
3. Post a 1 paragraph weekly summary to the Facebook page “Overdrive New Years Challenge 2014” telling everyone how you’ve been doing(ex. Mood, fitness, cravings, sleep, etc.)
4. If you want, partner up with a buddy and do this challenge together, keep each other accountable
5. Post any questions to the FB page and the coaches will answer them to their best ability
1st place, 2nd place
Prize pool to be dependent on number of entries (so the more the merrier, the more people we can help impact changes in their lives to start the New Year!)