Paleo Curry Chicken Recipe
1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 TBSP of Cumin Seeds
1 Large ‘or’ 2 Medium Yellow Cooking Onion
2 TBSP Ginger (Minced)
1 Garlic Bulb (Minced/Pressed)
1-2 Green Chillies ( More If You Like It Hot )
2 TBSP of Masala
1 TBSP of Tumeric
2 TBSP Curry Powder
2 TBSP Cumin Powder
1 TBSP Cracked Black Pepper
1-2 TBSP of Chilli Powder( How Hot is Up To You!)
6 Chicken Thighs (Skinless)
6 Chicken Legs (Skinless)
12 Tomatoes (Roma or Vine Ripe), halved and baked in oven for 20 min @350F.
One Bunch of Cilantro
Tall Cup of Water.
– in a large wok , at medium heat , pour in oil
– add cumin seeds, allow to brown, but not burn
– add onions, cook to clear
– add garlic, ginger, green chillies, stirring continuously
– add one cup of cold water
– add spices , stir till homogenous , water will prevent spices sticking and burning (add as needed)
– once the consistency is paste like add baked tomatoes, again stirring constantly
– add the chicken pieces
– allow to simmer at low to medium heat .
– stir to prevent sticking and burning at the bottom
– add cilantro 1 hour before serving
Tips and Modifications:
– Transfer to a Crock Pot and cook at low all day to make it really tender.
– The green chillies and chilli powder amounts are to your own desire and threshold lol!
– The spices absorb the water quickly so have water handy to add when needed during the part where you make the base “paste like.”
Any questions feel free to ask me, enjoy Coach H 🙂