2011 CROSSFIT GAMES OPEN
WE WILL BE HOSTING THE QUALIFYING WODS FOR THE GAMES OPEN THIS YEAR. EACH WEEK, THE WODS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON TUESDAY STARTING MARCH 15. OUR GOAL IS TO “OPT-IN” FOR ALL THE WODS. HOWEVER, IF THERE IS A WOD THAT WE CANNOT HOST, WE WILL DIRECT YOU TO ANOTHER AFFILIATE BOX WHERE YOU CAN GO TO.
HERE IS OUR SCHEDULE:
WEDNESDAY – QUALIFYING WORKOUTS(FOR OVERDRIVERS ONLY)
-WILL BE RUN ON REGULAR CLASS TIMES
SATURDAY – QUALIFYING WORKOUTS(FOR NON-MEMBERS/2ND CHANCE ATTEMPTS)
-12 NOON, 1 PM, 2 PM TIME SLOTS(MUST REGISTER FOR THESE TO [email protected] OR CALL 604-278-4848)
$20/QUALIFYING WOD FOR NON-MEMBERS
GREAT BREAKDOWN OF INFORMATION FROM CF ZONE!
CrossFit Games Event Details:
- 6 events
- Starts March 15, 2011
- 1 event posted weekly on Tuesday, 5pm PST
- Event open until Sunday, 5pm PST
MUST REGISTER ONLINE to compete, starting Tuesday, March 8th. $10 one-time reg fee(WWW.GAMES.CROSSFIT.COM)
- You can do workout as many times as you want in the week
- Enter scores online
- You can see where you rank for our region & across the world
- 60 top women, men and 30 top teams obtain place @ Canada West regionals
- Regionals are May 27th -location TBA
- 3 top male & females from Canada West have a place at the CrossFit Games 2011
- Top 3 scores from each event contribute to our team ranking
- There can be different athletes for each event and anyone who is registered with our affiliate
- We benefit from having as many athletes competing in events as we can, as if excel at 1 event, this score can help our team
- For a team member’s workout to count toward the team’s total, they must still be “in the running” as an individual. This means that they have completed all previous Open workouts as prescribed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION :
Yes! You should compete whether or not you think you have a shot at making it to the Games. The Open is for all of the CrossFit community, not just the people who may make it to the Games. You get a chance to compete in the same workouts as CrossFitters all over the world, and track yourself in worldwide standings–If you want to see how your training’s going and join a community wide event, it doesn’t get much better. The workouts are not going to feature outrageous programming, but rather be achievable for most practicing CrossFitters.