Overdrive Members! It is time for another rendition of the Overdrive Weightlifting Club Cycle. Weightlifting requires an incredible amount of strength, speed, coordination, and power. Overdrive will be running a dedicated Weightlifting Cycle in an effort to help you guys improve your Olympic Lifts. (Snatch and Clean & Jerk) During this cycle, you will be spending much more time working on technique and strength than you would see in a typical daily class. This weightlifting cycle will be coached by our resident weightlifting fanatics: Coach Jordan and Coach Ryan. It will be a duration of 8 weeks (1 week longer than the previous cycle).
Here are some testimonials from the previous weightlifting cycle:
- “Well planned, challenging with the strength work, lots of practice on technique, great environment for everyone to get better!”
- “Loved it! Very well programmed and coached.”
- “Simple and effective programming. Great community. Very helpful and constructive coaching.”
- “So much fun!! I learned a lot and definitely improved my lifts.”
This cycle, just like the last cycle, leads into an Olympic Weightlifting Competition called KilOpen. Please know that you do not need to compete in KilOpen to register for this cycle. This cycle is for anyone and everyone who wants to improve their lifts.
Dates: Sept. 20th to Nov. 12th (8 weeks, 1 week longer than the previous cycle)
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm, Saturdays at 8:30am (3 Times per Week)
Session Length: 90 Minutes
Maximum Registrants: 12 Athletes
What you will Receive:
- A dedicated Olympic Weightlifting program focusing on improving your Snatch and Clean & Jerk, as well as your overall strength numbers.
- 1.5 hours of professional coaching per session:
- Each session is lead by either Ryan or Jordan and you will receive personalized attention for the duration of the session.
- LOTS of time for each kind of lift so you will be able to spend MORE time fixing technical errors with the help of your coach
- The program is CAPPED at 12 members so you will receive lots of attention from your coaches
- Video Analysis of your lifts
- Slow motion break-down of your lifts along with some points of emphasis / cues to work on.
- An Overdrive Weightlifting Club T-Shirt!
Pre-requisites for the Program
- Strong Overhead Squat mobility foundation
- Without the overhead squat mobility, you will not be able to reap the full benefit of the program as much of weightlifting relies on being able to get into that position quickly.
- Basic Squat Snatch foundation
- ie. On any given day, you can come in with very little review and know what a basic snatch should look like.
- Basic Squat Clean & Jerk foundation
- ie. On any given day, you can come in with very little review and know what a basic clean & jerk should look like.
- Motivation to improve technique and work hard!
COST: (For the whole 8 weeks)
$210 – Early Bird Special (Sept. 7th at 10am until 11:30pm that same evening)
$235 – Overdrive Members
$275 – Non-Overdrive Members
At the early bird price, this equates to $8.75 a session!